How to Select an SEO Company? Part 2

Kent Lewis from Anvil Media responds to an earlier post about selecting an SEO company:


"I love questions like this, as infrequent as they are these days. Do PR agencies asked to get paid by the column inches of ink? Do ad agencies get paid based on resulting sales? Why should SEM firms have to work against a different standard?

Any good SEM professional is a marketer first and foremost. Unfortunately, like many other forms of marketing, we are limited by the client or company's infrastructure, as well as outside influences like competition and search engine algorithms.

Assuming we could work in a vacuum, with complete control over product, service, placement and the entire sales process, I might entertain the idea of pay-for-performance. That has never been possible in my situation.

That said, there are ways to evaluate a good SEM or SEO vendor, but I encourage you not to start by looking at rankings. Look at reputation and results, with sites like SEMCompare.com. Look at the visibility of clients, case studies and testimonials.

I've outlined ways to evluate an SEM vendor in this article in the Resources section of our site."

2 comments:

  1. The trouble with most SEO, marketing and advertising consultants is their inability to prove anything they do and if it doesn't work it's your fault. Still, you foot the bill.

    Put a simple task before them - get me in the first 50 results for a particular keyword. Nothing more, nothing less. I stay there - you get your monthly bill paid. I'm bumped out - get me back in or you don't get paid.

    SEOs are a form of corruption. One always arises in a world of greed or under complex and faulty rules. Google has built exactly the world like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this information very useful and very impressive. Thank you and keep up the good work.

    Regards,

    tina

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating all comments to weed out spam (there's a lot of it). Comments are usually approved within a day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails